Thursday, April 26, 2012

What cables will I need for sound and video to hook my PC up to my HDTV.?

I'm buying a new PC and I'm trying to figure out what cables I will need before it gets shipped to me. The specs are as follows



• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-750 processor [2.66GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache]

• 6GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]

• 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive

• 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4850 [2 DVI, HDMI and VGA adapters]

• LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive

• Integrated 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet, No wireless LAN

• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio

• No TV Tuner

• Integrated 7.1 channel sound with front audio ports



I've looked around and I know I need to get a HDMI/DVI-D cable but I'm nit sure what type of cable I'll need for the sound. I don't know what type of audio ports the sound card has...it's just the basic sound card. I already have a fiber optic cable so if my PC has a port for that I'm good. I also already have a digital audio cable as well. Basically I just need to know what ports are on the sound card so I'll know if I need to buy a different cable, the only other kind I could possibly get is a plain male to male stereo cable but if the sound card has either a fiber optic or digital audio port built in I should be set as is.



I have surround sound set up already and the TV automatically plays all sound through it, I just need to know what cable to use. World of Warcraft is gonna look great on it...I can't wait.|||If you haven't already done it, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T BUY THAT. The LGA 1156 is a terrible socket. And the video card is weak to. PLEASE for your own good get into the AM3 socket.



And since its an ATI card, you should be fine...Just use the DVI/HDMI cable and you're good.



And what is with it and these Y!A idiots? like hamstercamereron2



the LGA 1156 is a terrible socket. It gets you very few PCI Express lanes so when you wanna do SLI or Crossfire, tough sh!t. And if you wanna use SATA III you'll be left with only 8 PCI Express lanes. You tell me what you're gonna do with that. Please get either AM3 or LGA 1366 socket builds.|||Just connect HDMI it will work for both AUDIO AND Video!!



Happy new year



Regards,

LAZY|||Please ignore Steve, that's a great build there.

And yes, HDMI will work for audio and video. I do not know if it will work with surround sound though.|||I had Windows 7 but it needs a TV tuner to show TV. How do you suppose can you have a TV if you don't have a tuner??? I had regular cables but its doing fine. The setup in Windows Media Center is simple. If you are gonna use that program, make sure to read and follow the step by step instructions carefully and you can have your TV.|||It WILL work with surround sound, I can confirm that because that's the setup I'm using right now. Like a couple posters have already said just slap the hdmi adapter ( the one that comes with your ati card) on your card, run an hdmi cable from that to your tv and you're all set! DON'T use a DVI-HDMI adapter, it won't carry sound to your tv, I wasted 50 bucks on that thing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment