Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I connect a WinXPro PC to my HDMI Panasonic TH50PX50U HDTV Plsma for the best pic? (No DVI conn)?

I have a new Panasonic TH50PX50U HDTV Plasma TV. The TV has several HDMI connections to use, but no DVI connection. I want to get a new computer to run video and music applications from the TV. I've got a great sound card so everything on the audio end is perfect. The video end isn't so good, I did a little test with my current computer and I had a very negative result.

The test consisted of an old Compaq 900MHZ 512RAM PIII computer and just running ITUNES and then just something over media player. I went out and purchased a Stealth S85 RADEON 9250 128MB PCI Video Card with a DVI connection and a DVI to HDMI conversion cord. The picture was REALLY bad, stretched, and blurry.Then I tried using the standard RCA ports and the picture was even worse.I'll buy the best processor out there right now so I'm not really worried about the engine for the PC but what is the best video card to use to connect to this HDMI based TV. Is anybody else doing this with an HDMI plasma TV? Ideas?|||Well, I have heard that it can be pretty difficult to connect a computer to a Television, especially a Big screen. I don't really thin you can. But what you can do, is get that "Rogers on Demand internet" which you don't even need a monitor, you can use it straight out of the box, with internet, wireless keyboard, mouse. You will have difficulty connecting your regular PC to your Television. Hope this helped, good luck.|||I think you're missing a piece of equipment, but don't quote me. You may need a TV Tuner card in the PC - even if you don't want to watch TV on the PC, it may act as your connection back to the plasma TV so you can "see" your computer screen there. Also there may a resolution issue. Have you checked Panasonic's website for any information regarding this or have you tried their tech support for an answer? I know it's totally do-able, I've seen it done before. There may be a card that goes into the actual plasma screen that makes it so you can plug your PC into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment