Friday, May 4, 2012

Can someone help me choose a video card for my new pc build?

Ok I'm not new to building computers but I'm new to gaming and high performance video cards. I'm building a media computer for myself here are the specs so far.



Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P Board

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128377



Amd Phenom II x4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz



8 GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 Ram



2 Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB HD's



Cooler master Silent Pro 700 W PSU (Crossfire ready)



I'll be running windows 7 64-bit



Oh and I just ordered an Acer H233H monitor it's 23 inch 1080p HD



I do plan on setting up crossfire (for the first time) and my only real requirements for a video card are at least on HDMI port, I'd like at least 1 GB per card preferably 256-bit. I don't plan on playing crysis but I'd like to play far cry 2 or arkham asylum with decent graphics. So basically I'd just like someone to point me in the right direction, I also want to be sure the cards are going to fit alright on that board. I'm using a Raidmax Aztec case so I have some room to work with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.|||Figure from the back of the chasis to the hard disk cage, you need 11 inches. That is the size of crossfire and SLI cards. 10-1/2 inches + 1/2 inch for a 12 volt 6 pin power connector. These are full height cards, not half height, so if you have a normal mid tower it should fit if you have the 11" space. You need one 12 volt 6 pin connector for EACH separate card to be crossfired or SLI'd.



The ATI HD 4890 card is really two GPU's in one card, thus it is like having Crossfire, only you have just one card in one single PCIe X 16 slot. The price is dropping on this card because ATI just released the Radeon HD 5870 card, but since you don't want the most expensive or the fastest or the highest grade card, the ATI HD 4890 would be more than sufficient for your needs. I consider the ATI HD 4890 to be a better card, and runs cooler, than the nVidia GTX 295, which is currently top of the line for nVidia. nVidia has not released a card yet that can compete with the ATI HD 5870 card, so for now the 5870 is the best there is in gaming cards. However, you would be smart to save money and get the ATI HD 4890. It will be more power than you need to run Crysis on HIGH or EXTREME level. So you sould be just fine with that card. It has HDMI out, 1 gig GDDR5 RAM, and its at a great price on Newegg:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



It is less than $200!|||SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

No comments:

Post a Comment