Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do I get a tv with pc connection or a monitor with hdmi connection for cable box?

I am interested in buying a tv that can double as a pc monitor but I have a question. If I connected a blu-ray player to 1 of the hdmi and another TV hdmi port to my computer's video card, would I be able to easily switch between the 2 inputs without problems? For instance, let's say I am using my computer and then I decided to run a virus scan. While it is running a virus scan, I switch to my blu-ray input channel to watch a movie while I wait for the scan to finish. In-between the movie, I switch back to PC briefly to check on progress. Does it sound like I can do that with a HDTV that has either hdmi or do I need to connect the pc to the tv's pc input (if it has one)? Should I be getting a PC monitor instead with a hdmi input?|||A TV with HDMI inputs will do just what you are looking for. You can either use the remote or the input button to switch between the PC and the Blu-Ray player. The only things to check on are be sure the TV has more than 1 HDMI input and that your computer either has HDMI output or DVI output (same signal as HDMI just different plug, adaptable with the right cable). With this setup you can also stream Netflix to the TV and watch HULU or Youtube videos in addition to the regular PC work.|||Do I get a tv with pc connection or a monitor with hdmi connection for cable box

No comments:

Post a Comment